WiFi auditing tool – Owt (Offensive WiFi Toolkit) is one of the most popular suites of tools that can be used to monitor, attack, test, and crack WiFi networks. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, OS X and is a command-line tool.
- OWT tool will prompt the user to download these dependencies if they aren’t installed.
In the works of WiFi auditing tool
- Expanding owt from being just for wireless network attacking. More information below.
- Adding more advanced functionality to owt such as NTP amplification attacks to screw with NTP servers for dosing websites.
- Adding AP tracking functionality and ability to save lists of common saved networks that devices have in the area. I.E if there is a Starbucks nearby you can track if Starbucks is a common AP that phones in the area have as a saved network. This is useful for knowing which APs to spoof.
- Adding a method of saving text or CSV files of device names and mac addresses on a network.
- Making a windows version of owt.
- Major U.I changes
- Fixing the “issue” where owt doesn’t support use within Virtual Machines. Not priority as this is a pain in the ass but has been requested
How to install and use OWT?
First, we need to download the OWT tool so type the below command on your terminal.
git clone https://github.com/clu3bot/owt.git
Change our directory root to OWT directory so type the below command on terminal.
Now we need to run the OWT bash script so type the below command.
sudo bash owt.sh
Now choose 2nd option to enable monitor mod after that choose option 4 will scan for networks that you can select for your attack. This is required for all attacks besides Deauther and Beacon Flood
After Scanning you will be given the scan results. This is where the user can select what network they want to use for attacking. After selecting a network you will be brought back to the main menu.
Once the user has selected a network now it’s time to go to the WiFi Attacks menu. This is option 5 on the main menu. In the attacks menu, there are 6 attack modes to choose from. All attacks require a network to be selected besides Deauther Attack and Beacon Flood attack.
If a network is not selected and you try to use an attack mode that requires it you will be redirected to Scan Networks.