Install bettercap tool – Bettercap is used to a man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack that allows an attacker to intercept communications between network devices. The working principle of the attack is as follows:
1. The attacker must have access to the network. They analyze the network to find the IP addresses of at least two devices-such as workstations and routers.
2. Attackers use spoofing tools such as Arpspoof or Driftnet to send fake ARP responses.
3. The solid responses market it that the best MAC deal with for each IP address, belonging to the router and computing device, is the attacker’s MAC deal with. This fools each router and computing device to connect with the attacker’s machine, in preference to each other.
4. The two devices update their ARP cache entries and then communicate with the attacker instead of directly communicating with each other.
5. The attacker is now secretly in the middle of all communications
Install bettercap tool in Linux
1. First of all we need to update the Linux operating system so execute the below command in your terminal
sudo apt-get update
2. After completing the update, now we install the Bettercap tool so run the below command in your Linux
sudo apt-get install bettercap
Usage of Bettercap
After completing the Bettercap installation, Type the below command to know the Bettercap usage.
sudo bettercap –help
This Bettercap tool has 30 modules. all that module special for a specific attack
If you need to run a Bettercap tool, type the below command on your Linux terminal
Now type the “help” command, so you can see all options and modules
Already I spoke to you more than 30 modules are there in the Bettercap tool. now we are going to see how select those modules for attack
You can choose any module but at my convenience, I choose the first module. That’s called “any.proxy“
After that execute the “help” command on the Bettercap terminal to know the usage of the selected module
Very nice 👌👌👌👌👌