In this article We’ll learn how to clear browser cache on mobile platform in addition, we will shortly overview what browser cache is and how it works.
What is browser cache?
Browser cache refers to temporary storage aimed at making websites load quicker. It works by saving static files in the local computer memory. This reduces the number of requests sent to the web server that holds the actual files and instead loads them from the local storage. Hence, by caching elements such as HTML, CSS, JS, and images, the browser dramatically reduces load time and resource usage.
What is cached data?
Cache is a term used to describe temporary storage. Thus, cached data is the collection of items saved within the cache storage location. Whenever a browser is requested for a specific file, it first checks if the resource is available locally. If not found, the browser sends a request to the corresponding web server and saves it as cached data depending on the file type.
Why clear cache?
The files gathered within the browser cache can take up quite a big amount of disk space over time. This may result in your browser working slower than usual and utilising additional resources. Furthermore, outdated resources within the cache may cause you to see incorrect content. For example, you may have difficulty viewing new changes and updates made on a website. Thus, clearing the browser cache from time to time may help prevent such outcomes.
How to clear browser cache on mobile platform
Clearing cache is a relatively easy task on most Android browsers. Let’s see how it can be done on the most popular ones.
- Access the menu in the top-right and select History.
- Click on the Clear browsing data button.
- Pick the Time range. To delete everything, choose the All Time option.
- Select the elements you wish to clear – history, cookies, cache.
- Click on the Clear Data button.
- Go to the menu in the top-right corner and open up the History section.
- Select the Clear Browsing History button at the bottom.
- Confirm the pop-up message by pressing OK.
- Click the Opera icon at the bottom of the browser.
- Choose the wrench icon, which will take you to the Settings.
- Select the Clear browsing data option.
- Pick the elements that you wish to clear – history, cookies, cache.
- Confirm by pressing OK.
- Navigate to the Settings of your iOS device.
- Find the section for Safari and open it.
- Scroll down until you find the Clear History and Website Data section.
- Confirm the pop-up screen to remove everything
Google chrome (IOS)
- Access the side menu on the upper-right side and go to History.
- Click the button that says Clear Browsing Data.
- Select which elements to delete – history, cookies, cache.
- Confirm by pressing Clear Browsing Data again.
- Open the side menu at the bottom-right side and go to Settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Clear Private Data section.
- Select the elements you wish to remove – cache, cookies, history.
- Click the red button that says Clear Private Data to confirm.
- Once you see the pop-up, click OK.